पेज बन्दै छ, केहि समय पर्खनुहोस ..............
मधुमेह (सुगर/चिनी रोग)
मधुमेह यस्तो रोग हो जसमा रोगिको रगतमा ग्लुकोज (सुगर)को मात्र बढ्ने गर्दछ। हामीले खाने खाना बाट बन्ने ग्लुकोजको शरीरमा व्यवस्थापन नहुदा रगतमा यसको मात्रा उच्च रहन्छ। ग्लुकोजले शरीरको हरेक कोषहरुमा शक्ति दिने गर्दछ।
Common terms you must understand
- रगतको ग्लुकोज मात्रा : कुनै समयको रगतमा भएको ग्लुकोजको मात्रा
- खाली पेट ग्लुकोजको मात्रा: ८-१० घण्टा खालि पेट (पानी बाहेक ) बिहानको रगतको ग्लुकोजको मात्रा
- २ घण्टा पछी ग्लुकोजको मात्रा : खाना खाएको ठिक २ घन्टामा रगतको ग्लुकोजको मात्रा
- Insulin: Insulin is a hormone that helps the body use or store glucose. If sufficient insulin is not present in the blood, glucose can’t be utilised by the body. This would raise glucose levels in the blood.
- Insulin resistance: An early stage of diabetes in which the body does not respond well to insulin.
- Glucose intolerance or pre-diabetes: A condition in which blood glucose levels are high but not high enough to be diagnosed as full-blown diabetes.
Does overeating cause diabetes?
- It is not completely true that overeating causes diabetes because it’s usually genetic and lifestyle factors cause diabetes. However, overeating sugar can increase calorie intake and make you obese. A diabetic person can eat sweets as a part of a healthy meal plan, but it should be in moderation- in small portions on special occasions only.
- Additionally, obesity is a known risk factor for diabetes. However, not every obese person will develop diabetes. Many obese persons do not develop diabetes and not every diabetic patient is obese while many normal or underweight people do.
मधुमेह कसरि / किन हुन्छ ? So, what causes diabetes?
१. वंषाणु : A genetic predisposition may cause type 1 diabetes. Certain genes have been associated with this type of diabetes, but this is not the only factor; various dietary and lifestyle factors also play a significant role.
२. जीवन पद्दति/शैली :Both family history and lifestyle factors (obesity, lack of exercise etc) play an important role in development of type 2 DM. It has been observed in many studies that a healthy diet and lifestyle play a significant role in preventing the disease in people with a family history of diabetes.
Lifestyle disorders is the major factor responsible for increasing number of diabetes patients in India. So, make yourself and your loved ones aware of this chronic medical condition, take the necessary steps to prevent it, and stay healthy.
- Eat healthy foods: Choose foods lower in fat and calories and higher in fibre. Focus on fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Physical activity: Aim for 30 minutes of moderate physical activity a day. Take a brisk walk daily.
- Lose excess weight
कसले परिक्षण गर्ने ? लक्षण नभएपनि ?
मधुमेह -२ बिस्तारै बिना लक्षण सुरु भई लामो समय पछि बल्ल थाहा हुन सक्छ। तेस्तो अवस्थाको लागि अमेरिकन मधुमेह संगठनले निम्न कुराहरु भन्दछ।
१. सबै ४५ वर्ष माथिको व्यक्तिले मधुमेह परिक्षण गर्ने पर्छ।
२. धेरै तौल भएको /मोटोपन (BMI >25 kg/m2) भएका ४५ वर्ष भन्दा कमको व्यक्ति निम्न मध्य कुनै एक जोखिममा पर्ने व्यक्तिले परिक्षण गर्ने पर्दछ।
As type 2 DM remains asymptomatic for a very long time. The American Diabetes Association recommends the following for early diagnosis:
- For all patients, testing should begin at 45 years of age
- Overweight or obese (BMI >23 kg/m2 in Asian Americans) people who are less than 45 years of age but have one of following risk factors:
- First-degree relative with diabetes
DM increases blood glucose levels due to inadequate production of insulin or the abnormal response of body cells to insulin. It is also the main source of fuel for your brain. Insulin lowers the amount of sugar in your bloodstream by enabling it to enter your body cells for energy production
मधुमेह-१ : इन्सुलिन सम्बन्धित मधुमेह
यो प्रकारको मधुमेह पेनकृयाज बाट इन्सुलिन कम निस्कासन अथवा बन्द हुने अवस्था हो। यो कुनै पनि उमेरमा हुने गर्दछ र प्राय सानो उमेरमै देखिन्छ। यो प्रकारको मधुमेह धेरै कम हुने गर्दछ। मधुमेह-२ बिस्तारै मधुमेह-१ मा परिणत पनि हुन सक्दछ। यो अवस्थामा इन्सुलिन सुई नै उपचारको एक मात्र माध्यम हो।
मधुमेह-२ : इन्सुलिन असम्बन्धित मधुमेह :
यो सबैभन्दा धेरै देखिने मधुमेहको प्रकार हो जुन बयस्क मा देखिने मधुमेहको ९०% छ। मधुमेह-२ मा शरीरले इन्सुलिनको प्रयोग गर्ने क्षमतामा कमि आउद This is the most common form of diabetes (accounting for 90 percent of diabetes cases in adults) and is characterised by inadequate production or usage of insulin by the body. It usually occurs in middle-aged and older people but can even occur during childhood.
Maturity-onset diabetes of the young (MODY): This is due to a defect in insulin production caused by genetic factors. This disease varies in age at presentation and in severity.
Latent autoimmune diabetes in adults (LADA): This is a condition in which type 1 DM develops in adults. Adults with LADA are frequently misdiagnosed as having type 2 DM.
Potentially reversible diabetes conditions include Prediabetes — when your blood sugar levels are higher than normal, but not high enough to be classified as diabetes and Gestational diabetes, which occurs during pregnancy but may get resolved after the baby is delivered. Gestational diabetes must be controlled to protect the baby’s growth and development.
What are the symptoms of diabetes?
Type 1 diabetes occurs suddenly and causes immediate symptoms, whereas type 2 diabetes may take time to show symptoms, which is why it’s essential to get regular check-ups. Some of the main signs and symptoms include:
- Frequent urination
- Increased thirst
- Extreme tiredness
- Generalised weakness
- Unexplained weight loss
- Blurred vision
- Bedwetting (in children)
- Dark patches on armpits or neck
- Dry, itchy skin
- Pricking sensation or numbness in hands and feet
- Sores that heal slowly
- Skin infections
- Male sexual dysfunction
- Women who are diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes/PCOD
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol levels
If results are normal, testing should be repeated at a minimum of 3-year intervals.